Students will master concepts in a progressive study of visual art using the following educational standards.
- Understanding and applying techniques and processes.
- Using knowledge of structures and functions.
- Choosing and evaluating a range of subjects and ideas.
- Understanding the visual arts in relation to culture and history.
Art is everywhere at Parkview Christian Academy. Paintings, photographs, and projects flood our displays and hallways.
Artist PCA student Katelyn Okrey.
Artist PCA student Aaron West.
Students will master concepts in a progressive study of music using the following educational standards.
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Understanding music in relation to culture and history.
Theater & Drama:
A theater arts program in a Christian school setting helps students grow and connect by using and exploring God given talents. Students are trained in dance, technique, and voice. They experience important life lessons in commitment, disappointment, perseverance, rejection, responsibility, and teamwork. According to many studies, kids in fine arts generally do better in school, go on to college, and win more academic awards. Developing skills such as confidence and overcoming fear in front of others, specifically peers, may also aide in the ability to accurately and confidently share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Great American Tall Tales – Photos by Jennifer Heim Photography
Parkview greatly values the arts from Pre-K to 12th Grade. We continually leverage the vast resources throughout Chicagoland including museums, performances, and theaters. Experiencing these resources propels students along their journey of discovering and shaping their own creative gifts. What fun!
Are you interested in learning more? Then, please complete this simple form by clicking HERE and we’ll be in touch within one business day.