Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. We recognize no other revelation in writings or in life other than the Old and New Testament and Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe in the one almighty, unchangeable, and infallible God, creator of heaven and earth, who exists in three eternal and co-equal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20; John 1:1; Acts 5:3-4). He is truth and love, holy and wise, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, sovereign, just, and good.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:20-23), and is true God and true Man (John 1:1,14; 17:3).
4. We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a personal being who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells, comforts, empowers, guides, and bestows spiritual gifts on believers and that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ during this age (Romans 8:9-17). We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe that man was created from dust by a direct act of God and in His image (Genesis 1:26). We believe that all human beings are born with a sinful nature. Sin incurred physical death and also brings spiritual death, which is separation from God (Genesis 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12) and all human beings are in need of a Savior (Romans 3:10-23).
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried, and bodily rose from the dead as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice (I Corinthians 15:1-4). We believe that all who by faith receive Him as their Savior are justified on the basis of His blood shed on Calvary (Romans 5:8; 10:9-10).
7. We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (John 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost (I Corinthians 15:51-52; Revelation 20:11-15).
9. We believe that the Church, composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior, is the Body and Bride of Christ. We believe that Christ is the Head of the Body, which is the Church (Ephesians 1:22-23), that all believers are baptized into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, and thus having become members of one another, we are responsible to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:3).